May 28, 2014 3:56 PM by MELISSA CANONE
According to Vermilion Parish Sheriff Mike Couvillon, the following bridge has been closed in Vermilion Parish due to high water.
1) Bridge (Coulee Ile Des Cannes) at the Vermilion and Lafayette Parish line on Kirk Rd. (open to local traffic only).
The Vermilion Parish Police Jury has put out sand and bags at the following locations for those residents who may experience flooding issues.
1) Area 1 Barn - 13115 Mack Switch Rd. Erath
2) Area 2 Barn - 16480 Cleo Rd. Abbeville
3) Area 3 Barn - 29429 Veterans Memorial Rd. Gueydan
4) Area 4 Barn - 13531 Gladu Rd. Kaplan
5) Public Works Building - 2211 Leonie Rd. Abbeville
You are asked to bring your own shovel and fill your own sand bags. Sand and bags are located outside the gate to be picked up at anytime.
1 day ago