Lafayette

Oct 10, 2012 7:27 AM by Cecilia Stevenson

Update: House Fire on Ambroise

A Lafayette resident died just after 2:30 Wednesday morning, after a fire broke out in the victim's home.

Around 2:36 a.m. the owner, Mr.Erving McZeal, reported a fire at 99 Ambroise street. When firefighters arrived on scene there was light smoke coming from the dwelling. Fire officials found the deceased, Geneive McZeal age 77, in her bedroom.

Fire investigators determined that the fire likely started when the fire victim was lighting a cigarette or smoking. Mrs.McZeal wore a nasal cannula supplied by an oxygen machine, and the flame ignited the oxygen causing a flash fire.

The cause of the fire was an accident.

Related Stories

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular