_Continuous News

Dec 20, 2011 6:49 PM by Melissa Hawkes

Sonic Employees Help Coworker Who Lost Everything in Fire

A house fire leaves one Opelousas woman without anything, let alone Christmas presents for her three children. Her co-workers at Sonic teamed up to play Santa this holiday season.

Crystal Rue said, "it started from a heater and the car caught on fire and it went on from there."

Two weeks ago Rue was working at Sonic in Opelousas when she got a phone call saying her house was up in flames.

The fire destroyed everything she owned including clothes and toys for her three small children. When her co-workers heard the devastating news, they came to her rescue.

Sonic employee, Chris Sonnier, said "it's Christmas time. The last thing someone should have to be going through right now is not having a home."

On top of giving bags clothes and Christmas presents, many donated money.

Rue said, "I can buy them what they need now. All the things that they lost, I can replace it now."

Sonic Supervisor Steve Richard said"it is the season of giving, but we wanted to make sure crystal was well way beyond Christmas and could continue to take care of her kids."

Rue said she's thankful for her coworkers' kindness and despite having to start over, she's at least happy her children will have presents to unwrap Christmas morning.




»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular