Nov 11, 2013 12:19 PM by Ian Auzenne

Officials: Legends on Pinhook suffers heavy fire, smoke damage

Lafayette fire officials say a local bar suffered heavy fire and smoke damage following a blaze that broke out this morning.

Firefighters were called to Legends in the 3700 block of Pinhook Road around 7:30 a.m.

Alton Trahan with the Lafayette Fire Department says the fire started in the back of the facility in a storage room. According to Trahan, the building is salvageable despite the damage.

Trahan says the fire started after employees took washed rags out of a dryer and immediately into plastic bags. This, he says, caused spontaneous combustion.

The fire has been ruled an accident.



Related Stories


Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular