National News

Jul 15, 2014 11:22 AM by WLOX

Ocean Springs man dies from flesh eating bacteria

OCEAN SPRINGS, MS (WLOX) - An Ocean Springs man died Thursday from complications caused by a flesh-eating bacteria believed to have been picked up from the Gulf of Mexico.

Nick Duvernay, a native of the Gulf Coast, had gone swimming over the July 4 weekend, but by that following Monday he was starting to feel badly, his sister, Sarah Duvernay Montgomery, told WLOX.

When Duvernay had trouble breathing on Wednesday, his fiance, Kimberly Boynton, rushed him to the hospital.

Later that night, Duvernay died after suffering massive organ failure from what doctors say was caused by a flesh-eating bacteria.

To read the entire story by WLOX click here.

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular