The following were arrested by the Morgan City Police Department during the last reporting period beginning 07/19/2013:
- Shade Michael Suire, 21 years of age, Address-Houma, Louisiana was arrested on 07/19/2013 @ 10:25am
Charges: Contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile; Warrant-Window Tint Violation
Officers of the Morgan City Police Department were investigating a complaint of a runaway juvenile from the Patterson area when they made contact with Shade Suire at Lake End Park in Morgan City after receiving information the juvenile may be in his accompany.
Officers located Suire, who initially attempted to conceal the runaway juvenile from police officers. The 15 year old juvenile was located. Shade Suire was arrested for contributing to the delinquency of the juvenile and was also found to be wanted on an outstanding warrant
for the Morgan City Police Department for an unpaid traffic violation. Suire was transported to the Morgan City Police Department where he was booked and released after posting a $5,236.00 bond.
- Euline B. Vanwie, 73 years of age, Address-Susan Dr. Morgan City, Louisiana was arrested on 07/20/2013 @ 2:45am
Charges: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated; Speeding 65/30mph zone, Two Tail lamps required, Expired Driver's License Officers patrolling observed a vehicle speeding in the area of Clothilde Street and Victor II Blvd. Officers were eventually able to stop the vehicle and detain the driver, Euline Vanwie. According to officers, Vanwie was not able to produce a valid Louisiana drivers license. Vanwie, according to officers, appeared intoxicated . Euline Vanwie was given a field sobriety test in which she did poorly on. She was arrested and transported to the Morgan City Police Department where she submitted to an Intoxilyzer test with a result indicating Intoxication of .146g%. She was booked and incarcerated into the Morgan City Jail.
- Darren Thomas Hemphill, 34 years of age, Address-Morgan City, Louisiana was arrested on 07/20/2013 @ 4:32am
Charges: Disturbing the Peace Intoxicated Officers investigating a complaint of an intoxicated person in the area of Front Street and Bowman Street located Darren Hemphill who was found
to be in an intoxicated condition. Mr. Hemphill was arrested and transported to the Morgan City Police Department where he was booked and remains incarcerated.
- Kirkland Dwayne Craft, 22 years of age, Address-Railroad Avenue Morgan City, Louisiana was arrested on 07/20/2013 @ 2:00pm Charges: Warrant-Contempt of Court, Warrant-Simple Battery
Kirkland Kraft who is presently incarcerated in the Morgan City Jail was discovered to have outstanding warrants. He was booked and re-incarcerated into the Morgan City Jail.
- Jude Michael Resignola, 17 years of age, Address-Lesley Dr. Morgan City, Louisiana was arrested on 07/20/2013 @ 5:46pm
Charge: Possession of Marijuana
Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries agents patrolling the Lake Palourde area detained a driver of a PWC for operating their jet ski in a wreckless manner. Upon stopping the driver and conducting a safety check, agents discovered that the driver was in possession of suspected marijuana, a controlled dangerous substance. The operator, Jude Michael Resignola was arrested and transported to the Morgan City Jail where he was booked and incarcerated.
- Tammy L. James, 49 years of age, Address-Columbus St. Morgan City, Louisiana was arrested on 07/20/2013 @ 11:09pm
Charges: Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated (3rd Offense); Improper Lane Usage
Officers received a complaint of a vehicle being driven in a wreckless manner on Highway 90. Officers located the suspected vehicle and observed the driver operating the vehicle in an erratic manner. The vehicle and driver were detained. The driver, Tammy L. James according the officers, appeared in an intoxicated condition. The driver, James was administered a field sobriety test in which she did poorly on. She was arrested, cuffed and transported to the Morgan City Police Department where she was administered an Intoxilyzer test which indicated that the subject was not under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. The driver, Tammy James indicated to officers that she was under the influence of several different types of medications. She was given a blood and urine analysis and the results of that test are pending. She was booked into the Morgan City Jail and incarcerated.
- Jacob Elijah Mason, 24 years of age. Address-Cottage Hill Road Morgan City, Louisiana was arrested on 07/21/2013 @ 2:14am
Charges: Warrant: Failure to Pay Fine-Possession of Marijuana
Officers stopped a vehicle driven in a careless manner in the area of Highway 182 and Park Road. The driver of the vehicle, Jacob Mason
was discovered to be wanted on an outstanding warrant for the City Court of Morgan City for the above listed charge. He was transported to the Morgan City Jail where he incarcerated with a bond of $842.00.
- Joqusha Lashe Mingo, 27 years of age, Address-Bush Street in Morgan City, Louisiana was arrested on 07/21/2013 @ 4:43pm Charges: Simple Burglary of an Inhabited Dwelling; Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Officers of the Morgan City Police Department responded to a complaint of a female entering a residence, taking money and leaving . Officers arrived and were advised that a black female, wearing a bandana and blue jeans entered the Grizzaffi Street home and starting walking around. The residents confronted the female who then grabbed money from the top of a television and left the residence. The residents advised they did not know who the female was and provided police with the description. Officers located Joqusha Mingo a short time later who fit the description provided. Upon speaking to Ms. Mingo, she was observed trying to conceal a glass pipe with residue commonly used to smoke illegal narcotics. The item was seized and Ms. Mingo was placed under arrest. The complainants and witnesses in the theft were able to identify Ms. Mingo as the same subject who had entered into their residence and committed the theft of money. She was additionally charged and remains incarcerated in the Morgan City Jail.
- Rajeswara Rao Jami, 52 years of age, Address-Chennault Street in Morgan City, Louisiana was arrested on 07/22/2013 @ 01:54am
Charges: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated, No Headlights, Improper Lane Usage
Officers patrolling the Wyandotte area observed a vehicle being driven in a careless manner with no headlights. The vehicle and it's driver were detained. The driver, Rajeswara Rao Jami, according to officers appeared intoxicated and submitted to a field sobriety test which he did poorly on. The driver was arrested and transported to the Morgan City Police Department where he submitted to an Intoxilyzer 5000 test, results being .110g%. The subject was booked into the Morgan City Jail and remains incarcerated.