May 1, 2014 6:59 PM by UL Sports Information
LAFAYETTE - The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football road opener at Ole Miss, scheduled for Sept. 13, has been assigned a 3 p.m. (CDT) kickoff on the new SEC Network.
The Southeastern Conference's new national sports network launches Aug. 14 and will be operated by ESPN. The league and ESPN released its first 16 games on the schedule during the opening three weeks of the season.
The Ragin' Cajuns game against Ole Miss will be second of three games slated on the SEC Network during the day with Missouri hosting UCF at 11 a.m. and Florida hosting Kentucky at 6:30 p.m.
The game against the Rebels, who finished 8-5 that included a win in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, will mark the fourth meeting between the schools and the first since 2010. The game will also mark the first trip for Hudspeth, a native of Louisville, Miss., to his native state as a Division I head coach.
Louisiana's game at Boise State, slated for Sept. 20, will kick off at 9:30 p.m. CDT and will be televised by CBS Sports Network. The meeting between the Ragin' Cajuns and Broncos will be the first between the schools and is the first of a home-and-home series with Boise State scheduled to visit Cajun Field in the 2016 season opener on Sept. 3.
The announcement of the first two road games increases Louisiana's number of nationally-televised contests to four with the Ragin' Cajuns facing Sun Belt Conference opponents Texas State (Oct. 14) and Arkansas State (Oct. 21) on ESPN2. The Ragin' Cajuns full slate of televised games will be announced at a later date.
• Louisiana will open its 113th season of intercollegiate football with a 508-524-34 record. The Cajuns earned their 500th victory in school history with a 70-7 win over Nicholls State on Sept. 14, 2013.
• Louisiana is one of six schools nationally to have won a bowl/postseason game in each of the past three seasons. The Cajuns, with three victories in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, are part of a list that includes Florida State (Champs Sports, Orange, BCS National Championship), Michigan State (Outback, Buffalo Wild Wings, Rose), Oregon (Rose, Fiesta, Alamo), South Carolina (Capitol One, Outback, Capitol One) and Texas A&M (Meinke Car Care, Cotton, Chick-Fil-A).
• The Cajuns will face three teams (Ole Miss - Music City, Boise State - Hawai'I and Arkansas State - GoDaddy) that competed in bowl games during the 2013 season.
• Louisiana has posted a 14-2 record at Cajun Field in the last three seasons under head coach Mark Hudspeth, going 5-0 in 2011, 5-1 in 2012 and 4-1 in 2013.
• With the additions of New Mexico State, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern and Idaho to the Sun Belt Conference for the 2014 season, the Cajuns will play eight league games after playing seven SBC contests in 2013.
• The Aug. 30 season-opener against Southern will mark the fourth time in school history the Ragin' Cajuns will equal their earliest starting date. The Cajuns opened on Aug. 30 against Pitt (1997), South Carolina (2003) and Southern Miss (2008).
• The Cajuns will face a pair of first-time opponents in 2014 - Boise State (Sept. 20) and Appalachian State (Nov. 22).
5 hours ago