Mar 26, 2013 5:45 AM by Cecilia Stevenson

House Fire on Helen Street

Lafayette fire and emergency officials were called to a house fire at 11:22 p.m. Monday night. Upon arrival to the house, at 223 Helen Street, heavy flames were coming from the rear of the structure. The Lafayette firefighters put the fire out within fifteen minutes of arriving. The house sustained heavy fire and smoke damage; the house next door sustained heat damage to the exterior.

Investigators determined that the fire originated in a rear bedroom. The cause of the fire was likely attributed to an unattended candle or smoking material.



»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular