May 5, 2014 8:26 AM by Dave Baker
Central Rayne Kindergarten has set many goals as a class and also as a school which is why they're todays COOL SCHOOL!
1) Pennies for patients. Each class set their own goal and every single class met their goal. The school's goal was $500. As a school together they raised $1,180.90.
2) Block Party Parade. To achieve this goal had to have an attendance of 95% for 3 days out of a week. Another way to achieve this goal would be on infractions. They needed less than 3 infractions in a weeks time.
3) Wildly Important Goals. For this goal 90 % of the students need to score an 80% or higher on both the Deibels and AIMSweb testing. As of now they are on track to meet this goal. If this goal is met the principal will dye her hair purple for one day.
4) Star Leaders and Super Star Leaders. This is a weekly achievement for the students. They have a chance to earn Star Bucks by good behavior. The students with the most star bucks become the Star Leaders and the Super Star Leaders for the week.
5. One more main goal for the school is working on their Leadership Program to become a Lighthouse School. Which would make them the 2nd school in the state to become a Lighthouse school.
If you would like your school to be a COOL SCHOOL, send Meteorologist Dave Baker an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put COOL SCHOOLS in the subject line and include a story and a picture of what's going on!