Feb 28, 2014 7:10 PM by Dave Fields

Blaze near Gloria Switch ruled accidental

Lafayette firefighters report that a Friday afternoon fire at a home near West Gloria Switch Road and Mills Street was accidental.

Firefighters and Carencro police were called to the scene around 2:30 p.m., when a neighbor reported smoke coming from the rear of the house.

Lafayette Fire Department (LFD) spokesperson Alton Trahan reported that the fire originated from "a pot on the stove" and that the LFD's investigation is complete. No one was injured in the fire. However, the home suffered extensive damage in the kitchen and in an adjacent room, Trahan indicated.

"The owner had just left and by the time he came back, the fire department already was on the scene," said Trahan.

Fire officials said that the remainder of the house suffered only minor damage.



Related Stories


Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular