_TOP STORY BLOCK

Jun 1, 2014 1:35 PM by Cecilia Stevenson

Accidental Dryer Fire in Lafayette

Lafayette fire officials responded to a house fire just before 2 a.m. Sunday, in the 100 block of Radcliffe Drive.

When firefighters arrived, they discovered a laundry room with the washer and dryer on fire. The house sustained heavy fire damage to the laundry room and kitchen. The rest of the house had severe smoke and heat damage.

The residents, Ms. Myra George and her two children, were able to escape the house without injuries. The owner stated she was doing laundry when she heard a popping sound coming from the landry room. She entered the room and noticed a small fire behind the dryer.

Fire investigators determined the fire originated in the clothes dryer. The cause of the fire was ruled an accident.

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular