Mar 6, 2013 5:17 AM by Cecilia Stevenson

300 Block of Melody Drive House Fire

A house fire at 303 Melody Drive was fortunate to leave only minor damage and no injuries.

The Lafayette Fire Department responded to the fire at 9:19 p.m. When the firefighters arrived at the home, smoke was coming from the rear of the dwelling. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire that left only moderate damage to the patio furniture, other contents and the ceiling.

Dwight Lewis, the owner of the home, sustained no injuries. He said he saw a "red glow" outside on the patio, and exited the dwelling to spray it with water.

The fire department has determined the fire likely started accidentally by a rag/sponge that was used to stain wood earlier that day.



»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular